Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
Leaping Lambs Nursery Ltd
ASPIRATION TRAINING LIMITED
The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other key responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare, (with the possibility of progressing to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Childcare where appropriate).
This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
Onward progression onto the Level 3 apprenticeship.
Candidates are advised to check the location of the vacancy prior to application and be able to travel to and from the location setting. Only candidates with a genuine desire to work in the childcare sector need apply.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Outgoing personality
- Great if able to work using own initiative
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Commitment to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.