It's an exciting time to be joining King's School and Nursery and be part of a team that delivers exceptional levels of care. In our most recent inspection we were found to be outstanding in all areas our provision. We were inspected to the new OFSTED framework, September 2019, for which the bar has been raised
King’s Nursery is a small, caring environment, where each child is an individual and each is special. As a leading provider of childcare in Plymouth, we promote a warm, friendly, family atmosphere and encourage a close link with our parents, fostering a bond of trust. This creates an ideal learning environment.
Our rooms are bright, colourful and welcoming and the staff in each of the nursery rooms are welcoming, caring and professional throughout the day.
We consider all of the child’s needs and so progress each of them through the different stages (rooms) in the Nursery according to their age and developmental requirements set out by Early Years Foundation Standards (EYFS). Each child is assigned a key person who records progress by completing a learning journey to ensure that developmental targets are achieved.
Duties will include:
- Promote the safeguarding and welfare of the children, staff and parents and carers
- To work under the direction of the Room Leader and Manager
- Support the aims and objectives of King’s School and Nursery and assist in the organisation of a high-quality establishment for children from 0 to 3 years
- Provide high standards of childcare and education by monitoring and reviewing children attending the Nursery. This includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities
- Deliver outstanding practice within the room and support other staff to meet these expectations
- Complete all training, attend interactive workshops and staff meetings as directed by the setting and Connect 2 Care
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to King’s and School Nursery and this position is exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This means that you must declare all criminal convictions, including those that would otherwise be considered "spent" on your DBS declaration form.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed
- Kings School and Nursery always recruit an apprentice with the expectation that we will offer him or her a permanent contract when they have completed their apprenticeship
- We require a candidate who is passionate about the job and has good communication skills, and able to bring new ideas but most importantly a love for working with children
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- Grades C (4) or above in maths and english is an advantage but not essential. This will be assessed at the start of the qualification
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard