Day to day duties include...
- Support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery
- Provide high quality childcare to our children
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play
- Work with all age groups, changing every 6 months
- Learn, understand and implement the policies and procedures within the nursery
- Understand the values and principles of the sector and implement in your daily routine with the children
- Follow the EYFS when caring for our children
- Support and promote diversity and equality
- Gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
- Contribute/complete children’s observations and records with your key children
- Build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals demonstrating appropriate behaviour and expectations
- Ensure rooms that you work in are maintained using health and safety standards- completing risk assessments and opening and closing checks when required
- Ensure you follow the planning that is provided, differentiate it for your key children and evaluate effectively
- Complete observations on key children and give these to the deputy manager on a weekly basis
The hourly rate advertised is negotiable at interview depending on previous experience and qualifications. On completion of the 14 month apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full time role at the Nursery.
Although the role is advertised at 30 hours per week, there may be opportunities to do 40 hours per week on occassion. The Nursery opening hours are from 7:30 am until 6 am.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Childcare experience is preferable but not a necessity
- Good communication skills - Both written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An affinity / passion for working with young children
- Reliable, enthusiastic and flexible
- A creative thinker with a good sense of humour
Maths and English GCSE or equivalents at grade C / 4 are preferable but not a necessity.
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- Functionl skills if required