We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join our established team at Abacus Day Nursery.
Daily duties include -
- You will be working as part of a team to provide care and education to children aged from 0-5
- To support qualified staff with the care and curriculum within the learning environment
- You will build positive relationships with children, parents and colleagues
- You will learn the skills of a nursery nurse by working practically within the team
- You will ensure you follow Abacus policies and procedures
- You will work towards and gain understanding of the EYFS
- You will undertake staff training and meetings to further your knowledge
- Ensure the safeguarding and welfare of all children
- To provide a safe and stimulating environment from which children thrive
- Support qualified staff with record keeping and observations of children
- To contribute to planning and lead activities with small groups of children
- To keep the nursery environment (inside and out) clean and support with housekeeping duties
We would hope that the candidate would progress to go on and complete their level 3.
We are on the main Bath/Bristol bus route (A4). Candidates need to be aware that we use the outdoor space at all times of year and in all weathers.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Team working skills
- Communication skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic person
- Willingness to learn
- Passionate about childcare and education!
We require candidates to have GCSE's or equivalent in mathematics and English at C/4 or above.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
You will be given allocated time to complete some computer based learning.