Nursery Assistant Apprentice
The Day Nursery (Towcester)
GP STRATEGIES TRAINING LIMITED
The successful candidate will be working towards their level 2 or level 3 Children & Young Peoples Workforce qualification.
Working hours will be 40 per week Monday to Friday between 8am - 6pm across varying weekly shifts, depending on the needs of the business.
- To work alongside our experienced team across all areas of the nursery
- To encourage child development through appropriate activities
- To assist in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy setting
- To be fully aware of all our policies and procedures
- To attend staff meetings and any training deemed necessary
- To be willing to undertake level 2 or 3 early years training
Possible opportunity to progress and become a permanent member of the team upon completion of the apprenticeship, depending on performance & the needs of the setting.
Other InformationThe National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- To be able to work as part of a team as well as being able to use own initiative when required
- Good time management skills in order to meet all paperwork requirements and deadlines
- Good communication skills
- To have a passion for caring for children
- Good at interacting with children
- Good at mixing with other members of staff
- To be self-motivated
- Willing to challenge themselves
- To be flexible to meet the nursery's needs
Childcare experience or a qualification would be advantageous
Ideally grades C or above in maths and English however the opportunity to complete functional skills in maths, English and ICT will be available to any applicant who does not already hold their GCSEs or equivalent.
- Children & Young Peoples Work Force Level 2 or Children & Young Peoples Work Force Level 3 (Early Years Educator)
- Functional skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.