Your mission is to provide exceptional early years care in a safe, nurturing and fulfilling environment whilst inspiring children to unlock their full potential through key skills and values which will establish them as gifted citizens of the world.
- Be a reliable member of a team, working co-operatively and with flexibility, contributing positively to the development of the team environment
- Work within the EYFS principles, adhere to and positively promote Snapdragons Nurseries policies and procedures
- Treat each child as an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development
- Observe each child's progress and report on interests and achievements, looking for progression and continuity
- Share information about children's achievements and play with room staff
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with children, parents, carers, staff and outside agencies
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor), at rest and at mealtimes
- Interact with children in an appropriate and structured way
- Play alongside and with children to support their play
- Under the guidance of the room leader, and following the guidelines of the EYFS framework and nursery policy, assist with planning activities
- Offer ideas and suggestions about activities and opportunities for children's play
- Under the guidance of the room leader, assist with the creation of an enabling and attractive environment
- Learn how to set up resources and activities in a way that is stimulating and excitingly presented for children
- Ensure that the play area is clean and tidy at all times
- Strictly adhere to the agreed nursery behaviour management policy and procedures, promoting positive behaviour at all times
- Ensure that the designated member of staff for safeguarding or manager, is aware of any incidents affecting the welfare of the children in your care
- Commit to developing and maintaining a multicultural, anti-racist, non-sexist environment respecting the children's individual differences and diversity
If you are under 18 years old, you will be contracted 30 hours a week and work 5 days a week. Hours include 8am - 1pm and 1pm - 6pm.
If you are over the age of 18, you will be contracted 40 hours a week and work 4 days a week. Hours include 8am - 6pm, 8am - 1pm and 1pm - 6pm.
Both contracts will include an additional 5 hours for off the job training.
You will be paid £5 an hour for the first 6 months and then £6 an hour thereafter.
At Snapdragons Nursery, you will be working towards a Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
- Future training and opportunities
- Nursery experience
- You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team
- During your work-based apprenticeship you will be allocated time to complete any relevant computer-based learning
- If you don't already hold GCSEs, or equivalents graded A*-C/9-4 in English and maths, you will be required to study for functional skills alongside your early years qualification
- Early Years Educator Level 3 Qualification
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- Functional Skills in maths and English