What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work as part of a team to support and assist children’s play and learning in a child-centred environment whilst assisting in maintaining high standards of childcare and good behaviour.
- To actively promote the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy and observe the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination taking place
- To maintain awareness of and commitment to the School’s Equal Opportunity Policies in relation to both employment and service delivery
- To fully comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 etc, the School’s Health and Safety policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work
- At the discretion of the Headteacher, such other activities as may from time to time be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above
- To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives and targets
- To participate in Employee Development schemes and Performance Management and contribute to the identification of own team development needs
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in maintaining the care provided in accordance with national and Nursery policies/procedures, current legislation, the curriculum, registration requirements and other guidelines issued by Portsmouth City Council and Ofsted
- Assist in the implementation of a range of activities to ensure that the physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs of each child are properly met
- Assist in preparing materials and equipment and clearing away as appropriate
- Assist in comforting sick or injured children
- Assist in supervising the children at meal times and feed as necessary
- Assist in attending the physical needs of the children (aged 2 to 5 years). Generally fostering their development, independence and self-reliance
- Report pupil and school issues in line with the School’s policies for health and safety, child protection, behaviour management etc.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Be involved in extra curricular activities i.e. open days, presentation evenings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Standard
- Level 3 paediatric first aid
- Conducted at apprentices work place
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for full time employment upon completion of apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Nurturing, Caring, Reliable, Empathetic, Willing to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4/C-9/A) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C-9/A) Desired