As Nursery Apprentice your role will be to look upon the nursery as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised? You will be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children and will follow safeguarding procedures, contribute to programme of activities, good team working and be flexible within working practices of the nursery.
Be prepared to help where needed, this will include undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery:
- Preparation of snack meals
- Cleansing of equipment etc.
- At all times you must respect the confidentiality of all information received
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to become a full-time member of staff upon successful completion of their Apprenticeship programme.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to form strong working relationships
- Passion for helping children
- Happy and welcoming personality
GCSE's passes (or equivalents) are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in maths and English will be completed.
PARAGON SKILLS have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Diploma Level 2 in Childcare
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills