Rope Green Farm Day Nursery, in Crewe are looking for an Apprentice to join their team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to take part in a level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship with us. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career with the prospect to gain further responsibility and possible promotion once qualified.
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 6 weeks to 5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented, to be flexible within working practices of the nursery and be prepared to help where needed, especially in other rooms and to undertake any other duties as specified by a senior member of staff
This vacancy is for a temporary position with the possibility of permanent employment within Rope Green Farm Day Nursery upon the completion of the apprenticeship programme.
35 hours between 7.30am - 6.30pm, Monday-Friday, more hours possible depending on employer’s needs.
DBS check will be needed.
Bus stop outside.
Please apply if you have a level 2 Child Care qualification, there may be opportunities for this level, and wage would be reviewed on apprentice experiences.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
- Trustworthy and able to work in a team
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly and confident attitude
- Willing to learn new skills
- Punctual and determined
Minimum of Grade C/4 or above GCSE in maths and English is essential. Will complete basic maths and English assessments as part of the Apprenticeship.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification:
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.