Nursery Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
Gp Strategies Training Limited
As an apprentice you will support children in their play and learning. Working hours will be 30 per week, Monday to Friday across varying shifts over four days, between 7.30am and 6pm.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Welcome children into the setting
- Support children in their play and learning, ensuring they make good progress and that their needs are met
- Plan and join in with a range of age appropriate play & educational activities including singing songs and reading stories
- Assist with hygiene, washing hands, going to the toilet & nappy changing
- Clean and keep all areas safe
- Observe children and update developmental records
- Keep children safe and recognise and report any safeguarding concerns
- Talk to parents
- Work as part of a team
- Attend staff meetings
- Keep relevant paperwork up to date
A possible permanent position depending on performance.
The successful candidates will be given an immediate start date subject to DBS check.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Able to communicate with both children and their parents
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Friendly & fun
- A willingness to learn
GCSE maths & English, at grade 4 or above (or equivalent) would be advantageous.
Working towards the Early Years Practitioner level 2 qualification then progress onto the Early Years Educator level 3 qualification.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.