Nor Vent specialises in the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of environmental control systems for highly regulated manufacturing industries. Our engineers may work on the installation of entire new systems or may be expected to service and repair existing installations, sometimes in emergency situations.
We are seeking to employ 2 apprentices for an exciting opportunity to join our Engineering team based in Birmingham. You will be highly trained to work in our customers manufacturing environments. Principally in the automotive sector but also in other developing sectors.
We will ensure you develop the highest standard of knowledge, skills behaviours and experience in the industry and is targeted towards a first appointment as Mechanical Fitter as you work towards the role of Contract Engineer. You will be introduced to heating and ventilation systems, to the world of temperature-controlled environments, and to air conditioning and dust extraction systems.
The job will involve, but isn't restricted to:
- Using workshop equipment such as milling machines, lathes, etc.
- Setting and adjusting machine tools and equipment
- Disassemble and/or assemble mechanical components and equipment to meet required specifications
- Position and install mechanical equipment and record measurements using precision measurements equipment
- We will ensure you develop the highest standard of knowledge, skills behaviours and experience in the industry and is targeted towards a first appointment as Mechanical Fitter as you work towards the role of Contract Engineer
- You must be able to transport yourself around the Midlands on a daily basis
An inquisitive mind, an attention to detail, and an ability to work within a team. The Candidate will be ambitious to progress in an environment where you will be challenged to grow
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills including speaking and writing clearly
- Keen to learn
- Subscribe to our values of Passion, Integrity and Excellence
- Organised and well prepared with excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Like to work with their hands
- Enjoy working in a team
- Be adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Follow instructions and work to standards set
- Able to act independently if required
- 5 GCSEs at 9 - 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements