What will the apprentice be doing?
Please bear in mind before you apply that this role requires a high level of dedication and commitment from the successful applicant. There is an expectation that you will complete assessments, revision, off the job training and keep up to date with logging work in your own time.
As a Nissan dealer, we ensure that no-one is better qualified to look after our vehicles. Our Apprentice technicians will be trained to manufacturer standards and have access to regular support and technical information.
Within the dealership, we utilise the latest diagnostic technology, tools, and best practice processes so you can offer our customers the very best assistance with their service or repair.
You will be given full training to enable you to be confident in the diagnosis, repair, and service of the full range of Nissan vehicles.
· Undertake the timely repair and servicing of customer vehicles in accordance with the brands technical standards.
· Conduct full examinations of vehicles and identify non-routine defects, or additional faults either in the workshop or during road tests.
· Provide a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive, and efficient service to all workshop customers, personifying the brand.
· Obtain appropriate authorisation if additional work is required on a vehicle.
· Be open to try new methods of work designed to improve efficiency.
Full training will be provided by senior technicians, management and a dedicated mentor.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Alliance Training Centre in Doncaster.
This means your college-based training will be delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for 17 separate weeks over the 3-year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or guardians.
Assessments will also be conducted in the work place by a dedicated training assessor. You will also be assigned a workplace mentor for support in dealership.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
· Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential