If cars are your passion then Nissan will provide you with first class training on the very latest products and innovations, with dedicated Nissan trainers who will help build knowledge and develop your skills.
This exciting opportunity has arisen at your local Nissan Dealership, where you will be required to learn all aspects of the job role.
Training will be provided both in the workplace and at the Alliance Training Centre in Doncaster.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Inspecting vehicles and diagnosing any required work
- Discussing required repairs with customers
- Calculating the expected time and cost of vehicle work
- Repairing or replacing components as required
- Performing service checks
- Performing vehicle maintenance tasks, such as changing oil and air filters, as required
- Cleaning and maintaining the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
Full training on all of the above including all health and safety will be provided.
All we ask is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled Car Service Technician.
You will also be required to have a grade 4/C or above in maths & English at GCSE level or equivalent.
Successful people are at the heart of Nissan’s success so if you want to be a part of this then our Apprenticeship Programme is for you.
Candidates must live within 20 miles of the vacancy.
Permanent role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible as the employer will start to interview when applications are received. This may mean the vacancy may close before the date advertised.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, or experience any difficulties when applying, please contact Samantha Gee on 07773816273.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.30 from 1st April 2021. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
- No specific skills are required, however an interest in a career in the automotive industry/motor vehicles is essential
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely
- Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills
- Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
- Team Player - assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality
- Honest with high levels of integrity
GCSEs grades 9-4/A*-C or Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English.
Please ensure you also list all of your relevant qualifications.
If you do not have the required qualifications for this apprenticeship your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted.
This is a Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions.
Off the job training is enabled in the workplace and is also delivered on a block release basis at the Training Centre in Doncaster.This means your residential based training will be delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for separate training blocks over the 3 year duration of the course.All associated costs for training are met by the employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or guardians.Support will be provided by the workplace mentor and by your dedicated trainer.Your programme of study will enable you to have the required knowledge, skills & behaviours to achieve your:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3 Apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills in English & maths Level 2 (if required)