Typical roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Servers, local / remote Windows PCs, peripherals, operating systems and applications
- Cisco network infrastructure
- Firewall and Internet connection
- Phone Systems (cloud and mobile based)
- Investigate and resolve issues in all areas of responsibility via both proactive and reactive processes. This may involve some out of hours work
- Based on business requirements, design, document and implement any new services
- Ensure access to company data and network is restricted to authorized users, clients and customers.
- Implement and support new / replacement devices, as needed, to support the business
Full training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by both Baltic Apprenticeships and the employer.
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Basic knowledge of IT
- Strong initiative
- Student mentality Attitude
- Someone who can use their initiative
GCSE or equivalent Grade C/4 in English Language
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.