What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintenance, support and installation of fixed site cameras, re-deployable equipment and mobile in-vehicle computer systems.
- Working at height using ladder and cherry picker equipment as required.
- Undertake and pass regular health and safety training.
- To keep and maintain appropriate records of hardware and software, and of support requests and actions taken.
- Liaise with helpdesk technical analysts verbally and over email to react to faults as you are notified of them and provide timely updates of root cause and fix applied, providing technical, hardware and software support for PC’s, Laptops and Tablets.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Why choose our Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
Our Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship is perfect for learners that are fresh out of an IT education or already employed in the tech sector and looking to take the next step.
The Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme concentrates on modern network infrastructure, advanced connectivity and advanced security. This enables learners to develop and enhance technical skills, and ensure that they have the technical grounding needed to become a skilled Network Designer, Systems Engineer or Network Administrator.
QA’s Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Get equipped with the advanced technical skills needed for the role
- Learn the core networking and server administration skills required to support a traditional on-premise, cloud or hybrid network
- Dive deep into the management of networks, exploring network hardware and software, network services and routing protocols
- Get immersed in technical content designed around real skills, aligning to and relevant to employers and the market
- Combine online learning live event training and on-the-job experience to develop real world skills using cutting-edge technology
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Future career pathways will be available upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10, PC and server hardware, Troubleshoot TCP / IP Network, IT security principles, Ddta cabling installation
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent ICT (Grade Any) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Similar subject (Grade Any) Desired
Other Apprenticeship in similar subject (Grade Level 3) Desired
Other International Baccalaureate in ICT (Grade Level 3) Desired