Our client is an award-winning managed IT services and support provider. They specialise in providing end-to-end solutions for a large portfolio of customers.
Based in the West End of London and Harrow, Middlesex, they have been growing since being established in 2001 fuelled by their commitment to innovation and exceptional customer service.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Network Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship.
You will work with public and private cloud services, large enterprise wired and wireless network infrastructures through to end user troubleshooting.
Main role / Responsibilities:
Your day-to-day role will consist of the following responsibilities: [which may differ depending on experience and day-to-day requirements]
- Prioritise and resolve incidents escalated by customer service or raised directly by customers into network operations
- Utilise monitoring systems to proactively identify and resolve potential issues
- Conduct a thorough first line technical analysis of incidents including collection and analysing of relevant diagnostics
- Use management platforms and system tools to aid clear logical substantiated analysis of incidents
- Work with customer site champions to carry out initial triage
- Ensure consistent, accurate and timely updates to tickets
- Ensure timely internal and external communications per SLA
- Handle customer calls into Network Operations whilst on shift
- Ensure detailed handover to next shift of all open issues and planned maintenance
- Add, remove, configure network devices, updating the monitoring system and documentation.
- Complete infrastructure documentation and knowledge base development to improve team knowledge and troubleshooting
- You will deliver all set targets to contribute to a successful business function in line with the strategic objectives
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieving and exceeding customer satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Handle customer queries, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the expected time frame and follow up to ensure resolution
We are looking for someone that has:
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team, potentially covering extending working hours
- Desire to learn new technologies, develop advanced networking skills and share them across the team
- Strong desire and knowledge to work within an Internet Service Provider industry and in a close-knit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An A Level in ICT, or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
1. IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
2. Software Development Role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
The right apprentice will have a chance to gain a full-time job and the opportunity to mould their own career with guidance from an experienced and knowledgeable team.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.