Duties will include:
- Repairing laptops, PCs, tablets and phones
- Following direct instruction from the workshop manager
- Assisting with more difficult technical issues via other engineers as required
- Following tickets that have been assigned to the engineer
- Updating tickets work is progressing
- Soldering, OS repair and reinstall, driver issues, diagnosing and replacing or repairing hardware
- Keeping work area clean and tidy
- Reporting back to the line manager
The apprentice will be considered as a real team member, and they will be able to make a real impact in the company growth in terms of IT.
After completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will be offered a permanent position if we are the right fit for each other.
- Our office is part of a modern development in Radstock with pleasant outlook onto pedestrian area with maintained
- Outside seating provides a nice area to relax during breaks
- There is free parking just a few minutes’ walk and local shops and food outlets. We also have access to a secure bicycle store
- We do have full kitchen facilities and also a full-size pool table which is used daily
- We offer a company pension and holiday entitlement increases with length of service
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Customer service
- Good understanding of hardware and software
- Telephone manner
- Smartly dressed
- Works well individually as well as part of a team
- Professional approach
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits) or equivalents
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
Why choose our Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
Our Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship is perfect for learners that are fresh out of an IT education or already employed in the tech sector and looking to take the next step.
The Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme concentrates on modern network infrastructure, advanced connectivity and advanced security. This enables learners to develop and enhance technical skills, and ensure that they have the technical grounding needed to become a skilled Network Designer, Systems Engineer or Network Administrator.
QA’s Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Get equipped with the advanced technical skills needed for the role
- Learn the core networking and server administration skills required to support a traditional on-premise, cloud or hybrid network
- Dive deep into the management of networks, exploring network hardware and software, network services and routing protocols
- Get immersed in technical content designed around real skills, aligning to and relevant to employers and the market
- Combine online learning live event training and on-the-job experience to develop real world skills using cutting-edge technology