Do you already hold the same qualification at this level or above? If yes, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Are you currently working in the same industry sector/ job role as this apprenticeship? If yes, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Do you hold GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English? If no, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Can you commit to a full-time apprenticeship for the next 12-18 months? If no, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Apprenticeship Funding - For eligibility please speak to us directly
You will be working within a small team whose main focus and priority is to receive, check, organise and process items of stock in order to complete and fulfil customer orders in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties will include:
You will be working within a small team whose main focus and priority is to receive, check, organise and process items of stock in order to complete and fulfil customer orders in a timely and efficient manner. You will maintain the high standards within our warehouse.
You will need to be able to work as part of a small team and ensure that goods are picked, quality checked, packed and moved efficiently and safely. General housekeeping of the warehouse and equipment will be part of the daily routine.
In time and as part of your apprenticeship you will also get involved with stock taking, so you will need to record stock correctly to ensure the accuracy of our stock control system. Good attention to detail will be essential. As part of your apprenticeship you will receive manual handling, first aid and forklift truck training.
Typical activities will include:
- Receiving packages/pallets of stock and signing for deliveries from courier and freight companies. This may require you to use a forklift or pallet truck
- Quality checking products for delivery errors and/or manufacturing or transport damages
- Using initiative and product knowledge (learnt over time) to process customer orders by picking the relevant items from the stock shelves and packing them up using a range of box sizes and packaging materials. This also involves correct labelling and sizing of packages to pass to the logistics team
- Manually handling heavy items of stock and allocating them to correct shelves
- Sizing up, banding and wrapping large items of stock to pallets so they are ready to ship internationally
- Stock taking will involve you counting large quantities of items against paperwork to ensure all stock levels are balanced and correct
- Recognising and learning a number of brand names and the products they create. This will ensure you develop your knowledge of the role and allow you to make more in-depth decisions when processing and picking those items
- Keeping your workspace tidy and safe. This will involve many duties including, tidying and facing up stock on the shelves so that items are easily accessible and in an organised fashion, sweeping, clearing cardboard, emptying rubbish bins and clearing your bench of work tools/materials to ensure a clean work environment for the following day
- Completing daily H&S tasks including forklift checks
- Maintenance of the pallet area outside. Making sure pallets are neat and in an organised fashion to keep the space safe and ready to load from received deliveries
You will be expected to:
- Display and maintain a positive and can-do attitude whilst completing your daily duties. This will revolve around you using your initiative, asking questions and always looking for a new task to complete
- Arrive at work on time in full uniform which will be provided to you. This includes, branded nest t-shirt and/or jumper, work trousers, safety boots and hi visibility vest as an absolute minimum
- Always be safe and adhere to the health and safety rules set out and explained to you when you join the company. This will be monitored through training check lists in which you will sign to make sure you fully understand the importance of safety in a warehouse environment. Maintaining the safety of yourself and others is a priority
- You must be highly literate and numerate, with good attention to detail as the work will require you to work with SKU and item numbers and product descriptions - ensuring that correct stock is receipted, and customers get the right things in their package!
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Potential to progress into permanent position withing the company.
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Capable of working quickly and accurately
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Reliable & punctual
- A willingness to learn
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
The successful candidate will study a Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship standard. This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work-based learning, within the workplace.