What will the apprentice be doing?
We are currently recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our National Air Logistics Pricing team in Birmingham as a Business Administration Apprentice. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s leading logistics and freight forwarding companies and will help you to gain an insight into the industry and help you to forge a career in logistics.
We’re looking for an organised and proactive Apprentice to join the team, where you will study for your Business Admin Level 3 qualification alongside learning the exciting role of a National Pricing Specialist. The role will include RFQ/Bid/Tender and Spot quotation pricing for all globally and UK Locally controlled requests and also maintenance of all sell rate tariffs through our RMSA platform.
In your role you will...
- Be part of the National Airfreight team that responds to bid requests through online systems and Excel
- Ensure 100% accuracy, customer deliverance and service is essential on all bids ensuring we meet the customers’ expectations and deadlines
- Drive competitive pricing and supports specific campaigns with competitive rates
- Interact with sales when required on specific opportunities
- Be part of the team that owns and maintains sell rate tariffs
- Review and update forecasting figures linked to business win/losses
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Level 2 Functional Skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking and expanding company. For the right candidate there is the possibility to expand and develop a career with the company, and secure a permanent position upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme.
Reality CheckGood Reasons to Join You will be joining an amazing group of apprentices and can look forward to a competitive starting salary, attractive benefits and an Apprentice NUS discount card. Your salary will also reviewed after 12 months and there's a great bonus on offer once you have fully completed your apprenticeship. You will be supported throughout by a network of mentors, line managers and previous apprentices to help you achieve your qualifications and progress along your apprenticeship journey.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Willingness to learn, Positive attitude, Passion to succeed
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 3 – 9) Desired