Joining team as a Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, you will be trained in electrical and mechanical maintenance gaining the competence to work on the equipment across our four sites.
- You will learn how to perform maintenance and breakdown repairs on mechanical, electrical and electronic production systems
- You will learn how to diagnose faults on a wide range of equipment
- You will learn how to maintain and update maintenance and equipment documentation
- You will learn how to identify possible improvements that assist is implementing the company’s continuous improvement programme
- You will work in accordance with the company’s safety procedures and learn to follow Health and Safety Legislation
You will attend college and complete ALL course work to an acceptable standard and in a timely manner.
There is opportunity for a full-time role once the apprenticeship has been completed.
- A competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Company pension
- 22 shifts holiday
- Healthcare package
- Life Assurance policy
- Plenty of development and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts
- Free parking available across all sites
To be considered for the role of Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Excellent verbal communication
- Good written skills to ensure college and on-site reports are legible and understandable
- Good cognitive skills
- A developing analytical approach to explain problems and their causes
- An interest to improve system
- Willing to learn and actively challenge/question.
- Must be willing to work flexibly in a Production environment
- Drive to improve your manual skills and personal development
- Interest in the company and your potential impact on the brand
- Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated
- You will possess good communication skills with the ability to communicate with peers and management
- You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- 3 GCSE's at grade C/4 or above (or equivalents) to include maths and English are essential
This position is offered as an apprenticeship and you will be completing a Level 3 Engineering qualification. You will be employed directly by the client but be support every step of the way by PETA.
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. The majority of skills development training in years 2, 3 and 4 will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 12 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Learning & Development Coach (30 months). During this time, you will be day released for 24 months to complete a Technical certificate (Level 3) as part of your advanced apprenticeship standard. This will be the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).