What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist in identifying the cause of the fault and specifying the correct remedial work
- Assist with doing the work right first time and ensuring that the customer is satisfied with the visit
- Contribute to the proper use and safekeeping of vehicles, plant, tools and materials
- Responsible for carrying out work safely
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English, if required
- One day a week class and practical training in Langley College at Langley
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- By completing this apprenticeship programme, it will enable progression into roles such as Electrical or Plumbing across a wide range of sectors
- Carry on earning while you learn
Reality CheckAbility to manage manual handling within guidelines, walking distances, carrying tools, materials & plant. Occasional working beyond contracted hours.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Physical fitness, Timekeeping, Literacy
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and maths (Grade 9 - 4) Essential