A fantastic opportunity to enrol on an apprenticeship programme like no other - you'll gain level 3 engineering qualifications with the support of Marks and Spencer (M&S) and Toyota Manufacturing UK. M&S are working in partnership with Toyota Manufacturing UK to provide training in their 'World Class Toyota Academy', where you will learn about hand tools, welding, machining, robotics, electronics and much more!
The 44 month Maintenance Engineering training programme will be delivered by Toyota Manufacturing UK Ltd, Burton and South Derbyshire college and M&S.
The training programme is in 2 stages:
- Stage 1: Based in the Toyota Academy for 22 months, you will learn engineering technical theory, gain practical skills, and undertake several personal development courses needed to help you commence your career in engineering and maintenance. You will also have some placement weeks within the Marks and Spencer Clothing & Home Distribution Centre in Castle Donington
- Stage 2: You will spend 22 months with Marks and Spencer completing a hands on engineering role learning how to apply your new skills
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Using hand tools
- Using and learning about machining and electronics
- Using power systems
You will be employed by M&S for the duration of your apprenticeship scheme. After successful completion of the scheme, we anticipate permanent opportunities as a Maintenance Engineer will be available, where your career and development will continue on our Engineering development pathway.
There will be annual pay increases during the scheme and after successful completion.
At M&S Donington, you will follow the appropriate engineering shift pattern to meet the requirements of the role.
With the number of cranes we have onsite, 39 in total (all 25m high) a head for heights is essential!
- Able to show us that you can work well as part of a team
- Willing to be patient and show outstanding attention to detail
- Passionate about working with your hands and solving problems
- Excited about working with the latest high tech computerised equipment
- Willing to study hard on one of the industry's most advance Apprenticeship Schemes
To be eligible to apply you must have or be expecting 4 GCSE at grade 4/C and above including maths, English and Science (or equivalent).
Advanced Engineering Technician Standard.
- Level 2 Functional Skills
- VRQ Level 3 diploma in Engineering and Technology
- Extended diploma in Engineering Maintenance Level 3 NVQ
- Toyota maintenance way - principles of Toyota maintenance
- Personal development - e.g. team work, practical problem solving, presentation skills
- Team building activity - a week away!
- Health and Safety/risk assessment
- Toyota manufacturing techniques
- Additional technical skills - motors, protection and safety systems, introduction to digital electronics, sensing devices, relay logic