A fantastic opportunity to gain Level 3 Engineering Qualifications, to become a Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer with Radius Systems.
Training in The Toyota Academy, you will learn about hand tools, welding, machining, electronics, The 44 month Maintenance Engineering training programme will be delivered by Toyota Manufacturing UK Ltd , Burton South Derbyshire College and Radius.
The training programme is in two stages:
- Stage 1. Based in the ‘Toyota Academy’ for 22 months you will learn engineering technical theory, gain practical skills, and undertake several personal development courses needed to help you commence your career in engineering and maintenance. You will also have some placement weeks within the Radius Facility at Hilcote, Derbyshire
- Stage 2. You will spend 22 months with Radius completing hands on engineering role practically learning how to apply your new skills
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Using hand tools
- Using and learning about machining and electronics
- Using power systems
You will be employed on a full time fixed term apprenticeship agreement with Radius Systems Ltd from day one. For the right candidates, there may be opportunity to study for further qualifications, such as a level 4 qualification or an engineering related degree.
There will be annual pay increases during the scheme and after successful completion.
Please note that weekly wage is yet to be confirmed.
Change of working hours:
When at Radius Systems Ltd, please note that your hours of work will be 40 Hours at week. Monday to Friday, 07:15 - 16.00.
- Willing to be patient and show outstanding attention to detail
- Passionate about working with your hands and solving problems
- Excited about working with the latest high tech computerised equipment
- Able to show us that you can work well as part of a team
- Willing to study hard on one of the industry's most advance Apprenticeship Schemes
- Motivated to work within the Design and Engineering field
To be eligible to apply you must have or be expecting 4 GCSE at grade 4/C and above including maths, English and Science (or equivalent).
- VRQ Level 3 Diploma in Engineering and Technology
- Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance Level 3 NVQ
- Toyota Maintenance Way - Principles of Toyota Maintenance
- Personal Development - e.g. Teamwork, Practical Problem Solving, Presentation Skills.
- Team Building Activity - A week away!
- Health and Safety/Risk Assessment
- Toyota Manufacturing Techniques
- Additional Technical Skills - motors, protection and safety systems, introduction to digital electronics, sensing devices, relay logic