Multi Skilled Maintenance Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
Konecranes UK Ltd
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Our UK Apprentice Programme works in partnership with local colleges to train our apprentices over a 4-year period. Some of our best technicians and current Senior Managers have come through this program. Training will be in accordance with the Konecranes Apprentice Training Programme.
First year apprentices will attend the local college for off-the-job training for a year and subsequent training will be through day release in accordance with the company's apprentice training programme. You will also attend your local branch during college holidays to help gain further understanding of our business and the nature of the work carried out.
At the end of the first year there will be a month long internal training programme at our UK Training Centre.
On completion of the training and subject to consideration of ability, aptitude and successful college results it is expected that you will qualify as a Service Technician with a BTEC Higher National Certificate in electrical and electronic engineering and will be offered a permanent position in the Company.
Paid day or block release for attendance at a local college will be granted for the duration of the apprenticeship, subject to satisfactory results and attendance.
Why choose Konecranes as an employer?
- Your safety comes first
- We provide excellent training and development opportunities
- You will be working on world class and leading technology equipment
- We offer you UK and global career opportunities
- We are profitable and a financially secure business
- We are a company that welcomes suggestions, ideas and feedback from all it employees
- We trust in people
- •Over 88% of employees in the annual global employee satisfaction survey would recommend Konecranes as an employer
- Our research and development and technical support is the best in the industry
- We offer job rotation globally as part of employee development
Why train for and work for Konecranes as a Service Technician?
- Safety is the number one priority in your working day
- Its varied work in numerous different industries, no two days are the same
- There is ample opportunity for overtime
- We trust in you to do a good job
- There is back up support from equipment specialists
- We give you the correct product specific tools to do the job safely
- We provide all the necessary personal protective equipment free of charge
- We offer you a competitive salary and good benefits package
- You will not be alone, you will be part of the local service team
- You will have access to a responsive spare parts back up service
- You are supported by excellent highly skilled back office colleagues
- There is a smart and attractive work wear package
- Company van on 3 year rotational change
- Good job security for conscientious and loyal employees
- Hours of work 39 per week
- A commitment to your safety whilst at work and the provision of ongoing safety and technical training
- Good salary paid monthly
- The apprentice rates are reviewed annually each September
- College training fees paid
- The future opportunity to embark upon a Higher National Certificate or even a degree course in engineering, if you have successfully gained the BTEC certificate
- Full tool kit issued at end of first year
- Company van and mobile in second year
- Corporate clothing / uniform
- Contributory pension scheme to commence at the age of 18
- Life assurance Scheme
- Holidays 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
As a Tyne North Training apprentice you will benefit from our unique funding packages.
This apprenticeship will lead to a bespoke, unique skill.
A candidate’s successful application will lead to an aptitude test and interview with Tyne North Training and an interview with the prospective employer.
If you have already applied to Tyne North Training there is no requirement for you to apply for this vacancy.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Willingness to learn and have a positive attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Minimum 17 years old entry age
- Willingness to stay and travel away from home on a regular basis. This includes being away for blocks of 4 weeks training in our UK Training Centre in Banbury
- Willingness to work in other UK districts for periods of time (hotel and food subsistence paid for)
- Punctual and well organised
- Enthusiastic with a desire to listen, learn, ask questions and be prepared to take on constructive criticism
- Ability to work well as part of a team, showing respect for others and listen to instructions from others
- Practical and logical with a desire for problem solving
- Physically fit and able to climb ladders
- Not afraid of heights, able to work at heights
- You must live locally/within commuting distance (30 miles) of the branch location
The candidate must have at least 6 GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade 6 / B or above including Maths and English Language, IT and Sciences.
Please note that Level 2 adult literacy and Level 2 adult numeracy will not be accepted. This is due to the apprenticeship awarding body’s requirements.
- The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- The successful candidate will also work towards all knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve end point assessment
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.