The Engineering Apprenticeship programme is designed to build the engineering technicians and engineers of the future! Engineering apprentices play a hugely important role at AstraZeneca, solving challenges that arise from some of the most advanced equipment in the industry. As an engineering apprentice, you'll be required to maintain complex equipment and ensure that high standards are adhered to for safety, manufacturing quality and documentation.
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house specialists, rotating around departments on the Macclesfield site giving great exposure and diversification in learning. As well as being assigned a buddy and mentors who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job training alongside an academic programme of learning towards nationally recognised qualifications.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will:
- Develop electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and process automation skills
- Learn the theory and practical applications of production equipment and building operation and maintenance
- Support engineering projects consisting of designing, installation and subsequent testing
- Perform unplanned equipment repairs through fault finding and diagnosis
In the first year, you’ll spend most of your time at college, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical experience. In subsequent years, you’ll continue one day a week at college while learning new skills as part of an engineering team on site.
In addition to the valuable working experience you'll study towards professional qualifications, including a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering and then a HNC Level 4 in engineering.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be a full time position available.
- AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be
- We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements
- Successful candidates will be asked to attend an Assessment day during the week commencing 29th April 2021 in Macclesfield
- This is a 2-year Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Macclesfield with a competitive salary on offer. Please note you will be required to work to a shift pattern
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- The ability to apply a rational approach to problem solving, making judgments based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- The ability to learn
- Will possess/be predicted a minimum of 5 GCSE (grades A*-C/9-4) including English and maths (maths at grade A*-B/9-6) or equiavlent
- Applications are welcomed from those with L3 qualifications (A levels and/or BTEC. Minimum of 96 UCAS points) and a passion for a career in engineering
Level 3 Science Industry Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Qualification.