We are looking for a Multi-skilled Engineering Apprentice with the potential to focus on Control and Instrumentation during the program.
- You will be assisting with proactive and reactive maintenance activities across the whole site
- You will report to the relevant Maintenance Team Leader and will have an engineering mentor assigned
- You will be an Engineering team member that supports all activities across site. You will rotate across the engineering functions to gain a broad breadth of experience and will get exposure to other areas of the business to support the engineering knowledge you will be gaining
- You will be involved in a varied range of mechanical & electrical maintenance activities
- Control & Instrumentation has a growing importance in any manufacturing business and you will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and contribute, with potential to specialise in this area for the right candidate
- Condition Based Maintenance is essential in our environment and you will have a period with the CBM team to better understand who it is used effectively
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be expected to join the Engineering team as a multi-skilled engineer, if a role is available. For individuals who demonstrate potential for further learning and/or career advancement, further development will be considered.
The role requires a very high level of mobility to cover all areas of a site that has numerous buildings and floors. You will be required to wear PPE and RPE to carry out day to day and specialist activities that you will receive training for. The workload is varied and challenging, but you will be supported by experienced engineers and knowledgeable colleagues. Computer based transactions are required as our maintenance management system is electronic and equipment information may also be stored electronically. Whilst the role during your apprenticeship is predominantly on a 5 day work pattern, you may be required to work shifts for a period of time to assist with training and build towards a shift based role on completion the apprenticeship. Salary - Year 1 will be £13,715 rising to £16,452 for Year 2.
- Good with problem solving
- Attention to detail, computer literate
- A good communicator and able to build working relationships
- Previous work experience is preferred but not essential
- Willingness to learn
- Have a passion for engineering
- Inquisitive mind, proven ‘hunger’ for knowledge of and finding out how things work
Minimum requirement: - 3 GCSE’s grade 9-5 (A*-C or above), that should include mathematics, English and a Science based subject or a relevant BTEC Level 3 qualification.
Full Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.