Apprentice Field Based Automotive Technician
We are delighted to give people in the North, East & West London area the opportunity to apply to join our Automotive Apprenticeship programme.
- Field-based Automotive Technician
- Out on the road rescuing customers face to face
- Offering roadside assistance following strict vehicle repair procedures, aiming to get the customer back on the road asap
- College Training once a week
During your qualification you will have your own van and your tools will be provided. This role once qualified will bring you days that are varied and you will be working for a company that offers strong career progression.
Following the successful completion of your Apprenticeship, you will be offered full time employment with this company. This role once qualified will bring you days that are varied and you will be working for a company that offers strong career progression.
The specific hours and days that you will be required to work and attend college will be discussed in more detail at the employer interview and by North London Garages once you have been accepted on to the Apprenticeship programme.
The successful candidate will be willing and able to travel to their place of work for 4 days and attend training at one of our centres for one day a week. This may involve commuting.
The ideal candidate must have a keen interest and a strong passion for the motor vehicle industry and a full clean driving licence. Some previous work experience would be an advantage, however it is not essential.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent practical skills
- Brilliant Customer Service Skills
- The ability to work quickly and pay attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Share a true passion for motor vehicles
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Maths & English at GCSE or equivalent grade A* to D/ 9 to 3 are preferred but not essential
- As part of our Initial Assessment process we carry out a basic skills assessment to measure your current level in English & Maths
Successful candidates will have full time employment with training and day release at one of our training centres to work towards achieving a Auto Care Technician.
You will work alongside qualified technicians so that you are able to learn first-hand how to service, maintain and repair vehicles. As you progress through the course and your confidence and experience grows, you will be able to start completing tasks on your own.
One of our Training Officers will visit you and mentor / assess your competence regularly. This is part of our close support network NLG provides to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
Functional skills math or English if needed.