Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship
Vantage Motors Harrow
North London Garage Group Training Association
For the right applicant, the company is offering an exciting opportunity. You will shadow qualified technicians at work so that you are able to learn directly how to service, maintain and repair vehicles. As you progress through the course and your confidence and experience grows, you will be able to start completing tasks on your own. A Vehicle Technicians role falls into three categories:
- Servicing Vehicles - working on manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure the vehicle is running at optimum performance
- Maintenance - replacing parts and components before they fail
- Repair - diagnosing and repairing problems that cause vehicle failure
Off-the-job training will be provided by North London Garages on a day release basis.
- On completion of the Level 2 Apprenticeship Programme, you can then progress on to Level 3 and apprentices will then be trained and qualified as a Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Technician
- Employment after completion is subject to performance and a position being available
- Future prospects include MOT Tester, Senior Technician, supervisory and Management positions
- There is a high expectation that successful candidates will work hard, be conscientious and represent the company well on all occasions. Appearance, attitude, timekeeping and personal presentation will all be taken into account throughout the interview process
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The ideal candidate must have a keen interest and a strong passion for the motor vehicle industry. For this position, previous work experience is essential.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent practical skills
- The ability to work quickly and pay attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent timekeeper
- Share a true passion for motor vehicles
- A willingness and desire to learn
- Maths and English at GCSE grade 4 to 9 (A to C) or equivalent are preferred but not essential for this apprenticeship. As part of our Initial Assessment process we carry out a basic skills assessment to measure your current level in English, maths and ICT
- NLG is looking for applicants that are capable of achieving at least Level 1 Functional Skill in each subject at the assessment
Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Functional skills if required
North London Garages GTA Ltd is London’s leading motor vehicle training provider. It has provided training for people wishing to enter the Motor Industry for over 50 years.
We achieved Grade 2 OFSTED at our last inspection and are an approved assessment centre for the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI). We deliver a wide range of Motor Vehicle qualifications, Functional skills and Assessor awards.
You will shadow qualified technicians at work so that you are able to learn directly how to service, maintain and repair vehicles. As you progress through the course and your confidence and experience grows, you will be able to start completing tasks on your own.
One of our assessors will visit you in your work place to mentor you and assess your competence regularly. This is part of the close support network NLG provides to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
North London Garages offer roll-on-roll-off day release college courses enabling starts every 4 to 6 weeks at our Enfield site.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.