The successful candidate will be trained and developed through the college apprenticeship programme.
The day to day role will include helping carry out work that comes into the garage including:
- Puncture repair
- Tyre fitting
- General help with mechanical jobs
- Shadowing or where appropriate carrying out
- Light vehicle servicing
- Replacement of brake discs and pads
- And other daily garage tasks with the required support
Full time, long term position on completion for the right candidate.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Successful candidate must have a strong desire to develop a career within the Motor Trade
- Be well presented and have good communication skills
- The key characteristics we are looking for are excellent work ethic, attitude to work and a willingness to learn and develop
- Some experience and show an interest in motor vehicle repair and maintenance
English and maths GCSE A-C/8-4 and above or equivalent. Level 1 or 2 Motor Vehicle qualification or working towards.
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician (LV) Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
This apprenticeship is delivered through a combination of Work Based Assessment and day/block release. The programme will culminate in an End Point Assessment, where all the skills and knowledge gained on the apprenticeship will be formally tested.