As a technology company with sites in 14 countries, Minebea Intec offers exciting work and varied development options. We are looking for employees who want to grow with us in dynamic markets and with new innovative technologies to shape the future and use it to help our customers progress.
Education and training play a central role for our employees. Using our first-class vocational training and individual training options, we ensure that our employees are able to help shape changes in technologies and their working environment. In addition to personal development, we focus on a healthy and pleasant working environment.
We are seeking to employ and train an apprentice. You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a Service Technician.
This is a field based role where you will travel to customer sites to work on machines and instruments. This exciting job will include travel throughout the UK and may even include travel to mainland Europe and may involve staying away from home for up to a week at a time.
Working on systems and equipment to ensure that the work undertaken is to a high standard expected by the customer, that meets any functional specification and can perform within the required limits including connection, communication and integration of any third party supplied equipment where specified.
During your apprenticeship you can look forward to learning about:
- Fault finding and diagnostics on all supported equipment
- Electronic diagnostics and repair of all Minebea Intec Supplied equipment
- Calibration in line with quality standards all Minebea Intec Supplied equipment
- Preventative maintenance of all Minebea Intec Supplied equipment
- Identify and attend any training courses that will improve the quality of service
- Report any problems and risks to the projects manager and discuss potential solutions
- Throughout the installation and commissioning, keep up to date and communicate the project progress to all project stakeholders
Fully qualified field service engineer.
As a large organisation, opportunities available throughout the group globally.
You will be given a company vehicle to travel to the customer sites, therefore, you must have a full UK driving licence and willing to travel, working away from home over short periods. This will include fully funded hotel stays.
- Communication skills
- Full UK driving licence essential because you will be required to travel to customer sites
- Keen interest in problem solving
- Team player
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- Keen interest in engineering and processes
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or equivalent, including mathematics, English and a Science
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training
- Off the job full-time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In-house training in line with your requirements