We are looking to recruit a Microsoft EM+S Delivery Engineer Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
After training, you will be designing, deploying, testing, integration, and support of the Microsoft EM+S suite focusing on a quality delivery of service to clients. Deploying complimentary features such as device enrolment programmes and Mobile Threat Detection products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creation or input into High Level and Low-Level Design documents
- Deployment of Microsoft Intune/EM+S technical designs
- Deployment of enrolment programmes to compliment the EM+S solution such as Apple Business Manager (DEP) and VPP, and Android Enterprise Samsung Knox
- Implementation of solutions in the best and most secure fashion possible
- Deployment of MTD products that integrate with EM+S such as Wandera, Checkpoint Sandblast, Lookout & Corrata
- Manage UAT testing and pilot phases as part of assigned projects
- Produce documentation as assigned during project such as test plans, device build guides and any other documentation that is required as part of the project scope
- Assist presales solution consultants with design elements for the overall end customer solution which may include content for tender documents
- Provide training to customers on deployed solutions
- Document implemented solutions thoroughly for handover in to in-life support
- Deal with third-party vendors to resolve issues where necessary
- Work with internal project manager to deliver projects on time and in scope
- Build strong relationships with key customers based on professionalism and strong work ethic
- Build strong relationships with counterparts in partner channels to deliver services to customers
- Help grow the business through professional delivery of our services at all times
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer.
The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
A full-time permanent position is available upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong problem-solving skills, see issues to their resolution and work to prevent re-occurrence
- Meticulous and professional
- Enthusiasm for working in a small company environment where everybody needs to ‘dig in’ and do a bit of everything, but exposure to new areas and technologies is constant and the scope for experience-based learning unmatched
- Always going the ‘extra mile’ with customers to improve business relationships and potentially up-sell
- Strong ability to problem solve, see issues to their resolution and work to prevent re-occurrence
- Avid interest in technology, particularly smartphones
- Like working with customers of varying size and experience
- Love of engineering
The company require a bright, enthusiastic, and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English, and in three or four other subjects at least.
You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT (or equivalent) or at least experience with the workings of smartphones.
Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard.
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security:
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security, and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services:
An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices, and protocols.
Communication in Support:
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.