This role will provide support to both the administration and reception departments of the practice. By becoming an apprentice, the candidate will be supported by a mentor to develop their skills in verbal and written communication and become competent in a wide range of skills to support the running of a general practice.
- Attending the reception desk
- Answering the telephone
- Making appointments
- Dealing with tasks and patients as required
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving medical records
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation
- Providing clerical assistance to practice and Trust as required
- Ordering stationary and stock control
- Dealing with clinical waste
- Scanning letters onto the computer system
- Supporting clinicians in Quality outcomes framework
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, the employer will discuss the opportunity of a permanent contract.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A professional telephone manner and flexible approach to work
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic and hard working team member who embraces the challenge of learning new skills.
A minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalents at A-C/7-4 including maths and English.
Business Administrator (Level 3) Apprenticeship Standard with AMSPAR
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths