What will the apprentice be doing?
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- To support clinical colleagues in the efficient running of all patient contacts.
- Answering telephones and dealing with requests for-
- Home visits
- Telephone Consultations
Welcoming patients at the main reception desk and assisting them with –
- Handling patient / GP correspondence – both incoming and outgoing
- Receiving medical emergencies and taking appropriate action in accordance with procedures
- Issuing Blood Pressure Monitors
- Proficiency in all existing and new computer systems
- Entering, searching and updating patient information
- Contacting patients as requested by GP
- Processing Prescriptions for Drs Authorisation
- As requested by GP or other health care professional.
Housekeeping duties will include -
- Opening up and closing down the reception office and waiting room, loading and unloading dishwasher at the start and end of the day.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2.
This apprenticeship programme is delivered with a blended learning approach and includes a mixture of on site tutor visits and online tutor led sessions. All delivery is completed in the workplace and you will not need to attend any off-site training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full training will be given in this challenging and varied role to ensure that the apprentice has the skills and expertise to become a permanent member of the team.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired