Duties and responsibilities will include:
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken may include any or all the items in the following list.
Duties may be varied from time to time:
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits
- Ensure total familiarity with all appointment systems in effect including regular and incidental variations
- Monitor flow of patients/clinicians into consulting and treatment rooms
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail (paper and electronic
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors
- Taking messages and passing on information in a timely and appropriate manner
- Registrations of new patients – computer data entry and medical records
- Process patients change of address – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of Practice area)
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing clerical assistance to Practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying, and scanning, liaising with GP's and medical secretaries/ Referrals for imaging and MRI
- Keeping the reception area, noticeboards, and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services
- Potential to develop with role into management or move into a clinical role
There could be two streams for progression – they could move into an admin management role or they could move towards a clinical role i.e. HCA, phlebotomist
A good knowledge of Microsoft packages, a good telephone manner and the ability to be patient.
We are a friendly practice and our staff are very conscientious. We would like someone who is friendly, patient, has a good attention to detail and enjoys working as part of a team.
Maths and English GCSE or equivalent are desirable
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required