What will the apprentice be doing?
Carrying out complex fault diagnosis and repair activities on high technology instrumentation systems:
- Understand mechanical, electrical, fluid power & process control principles in a mechatronic environment.
- Learn how equipment being maintained functions & operating parameters in individual components & how they interact.
- Maintaining & building mechanical and electrical control equipment.
General practical roles:
- Cutting, bending, drilling, shaping, riveting, welding, using the relevant tooling & following manufacturers drawings and manuals.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You may be required to attend college at least x1 day per week at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship and you will be competence assessed every 8 weeks by our industry experts.
Our manager, industry-trained assessor, and learning advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 3 Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Skilled engineer / Team Leader / Manager
Reality CheckWe cannot let anyone who has done a L3 full time course at college do an apprenticeship in 1) Engineering Fitter / 2) Mechatronics / 3) Tech Support - due to having done a BTEC and had Government funding during their full time course. The Government will not pay for you to do the course twice.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4-9) Desired