Mechatronics Maintenance Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
Employer:Amazon UK Services Ltd
The Manufacturing Technology Centre: MTC
Amazon is the perfect place to develop your career in mechatronics maintenance. As one of the world’s largest retail companies, we have an unrivalled range of equipment, technologies and facilities, so there are a huge variety of projects you can work on during the program.
As an apprentice mechatronics maintenance technician, you will ensure that plant and equipment perform to the required standard to facilitate production targets. This could include installation, testing, fault finding and the on-going planned maintenance of complex automated equipment.
You will build your skills over a 48-month period - starting in September - that will include:
- Classroom based training hosted offsite
- Amazon’s on-the-job training program, delivered by our specialist teams
- Mentoring from our RME engineers
Alongside extensive development of your technical skills, you will also grow your abilities in crucial complementary areas like organisation, prioritisation, data analysis and problem solving techniques, teamwork, communication and presentation skills.
Not only will you receive invaluable learning, development and professional experience, you will also gain a number of externally recognised qualifications.
You will graduate into a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer position on successful completion of the program where we will continue your development, allowing you to grow with the business.
- For insurance purposes, you will be 18 years old or older before the contract’s start date
- You must have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements
- You have a deep interest in maintenance and strong willingness to become a multi-skilled technician in both electrical and mechanical disciplines
- You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business
- You have a desire to learn how to fault find automation systems and machinery
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines
- You aim to attain impeccable customer service, excellent customer facing skills
- Experience (or a willingness to learn and practice) working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
- You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment
- You are able to demonstrate drive and passion
- You seek and respond well to feedback
- You have flexible, adaptable and proactive attitude to work
- You have a desire to learn practical workshop/tool usage skills
5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent), including maths, English and a science/technology subject.
Year 1 is full time residential (classroom training) at our provider's facilities. As a result, you may be required to travel to the accommodation on a Sunday and to work away from home until Friday each week (costs will be supported by Amazon), this is combined with short periods working at one of our Fulfilment Centres. This will give a thorough and detailed insight into the work of the RME team as well as the basic skills necessary before working on our equipment.
Subsequent years will be made of day/block release training at a training centre/college - to study for an HNC in Electronic & Electrical Engineering - and on-the-job training in a Fulfilment Centre amongst our team of technicians and engineers.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
If you want to be part of an organisation that is growing fast and is focused on developing leaders from within, then Amazon is a great place to start your career.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.