What will the apprentice be doing?
At Tims Dairy we manufacture high quality yoghurt and cultured cream products and we require an apprentice who will be learning to maintain the various machinery at the factory.
- The apprentice will be repairing the manufacturing machinery
- They will maintain the electrical & electronic equipment in the manufacturing plant
- They will be replacing any of the machinery that breaks down during the manufacturing process
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
Work towards gaining a full Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship standard:
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours
- Standard and End-Point Assessment (EPA).
- Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT (if required)
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to become a skilled engineer.
Reality CheckThe workplace is in Gerrards Cross – ensure that you can get to it and the college in Uxbridge. There could be overtime available.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4-9) Desired