Mechatronic Solutions are thought leaders in world class manufacturing, automation, robotics and AIV solutions.
As an apprentice at Mechatronic and Robopod you will receive in house training and gain an appreciation of all areas within the business from basic engineering, sales, mechanical design, machine building and software.
Whether you're working on the shop floor or in one of the offices, we encourage education, development and growth amongst all of our staff. Sitting on the cutting-edge of innovative technology, our employees are forward thinking and eager to push the boundaries of typical manufacturing and engineering.
You will receive hands on training from our experienced engineers and will be assigned a mentor to guide you on your journey to becoming a Mechatronic Engineer. Your salary will be reviewed on a yearly basis to reward all of the hard work you are doing.
Daily tasks are likely to include:
- Mechanical and electrical assembly
- Making modifications to parts using toolroom machinery
- Taking part in machine progress meetings
- Performing trials to ensure machines have been built to specification
- Ensuring our workplace is a clean and tidy world class environment
To find out more about the Mechatronic apprenticeship scheme and to hear from one of their apprentices, have a look at their designated apprenticeship website page: https://www.mechatronic.co.uk/about-us/apprenticeship-scheme/
During the apprenticeship at Mechatronic you will also get to work in, and gain an appreciation of, the following technical departments/skills:
- Operations - Mechanical and Electrical building of machines (shop floor based)
- Controls - Designing and developing software and control systems (office/shop floor based)
- Mechanical Design - Using the latest CAD software to produce 3D solid models and 2D working drawings (office based)
- Sales - Taking customer enquiries and producing 2D & 3D concepts (office based)
The qualifications you will gain through Make UK will be:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Technical Support
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
On completion of a successful apprenticeship there will be the opportunity to remain with the company as a Development Engineer. This role involves working cohesively as part of a cross-functional team. Being responsible for the assembling, building, running up and commissioning of Bespoke Special Purpose Machines.
This inspiring and supportive company encourage anyone with an interest in learning about a whole breadth of engineering topics to apply. To find out more about the Mechatronic apprenticeship scheme and to hear from one of their apprentices, have a look at their designated apprenticeship website page: https://www.mechatronic.co.uk/about-us/apprenticeship-scheme/
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You should have hobbies and interests in designing and making things, or experience in carrying out repairs in and around the house
- A good level of written and oral communication
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Someone who enjoys finding the answers to problems
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent time keeping and attendance
- Someone who has a passion for engineering
Ideally you will have a good standard of education and will have or be expecting to achieve GCSE Grades C/5 or above (or equivalent qualifications) in the following subjects: mathematics, English (Language) and Science.
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training - off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements