HERMA Uk Ltd specializes in designing and building high specification, high quality labelling equipment. As you develop, you will be trained in a range of activities, including Precision engineering and machine assembly, lathe work, milling work, Pillar drilling and using hand power tools, and hand tooling. Marking out and populating electrical back panels, wiring electrical back panels, Assembly of the back panel into the machine. Machine wiring, and final Electrical checks before initial power is supplied to the equipment.
Your role as Mechatronic Engineering Apprentice will be to:
- Build your skills through on the job training and practice alongside attending college and working towards a qualification in Mechatronic Engineering
- Integrate into the HERMA manufacturing facility and become part of the team
- Learn how to follow mechanical and electrical drawings
- Develop best practise and expertise in machine building from a kit of manufactured parts within HERMA
- Assist other team members in any required tasks, and take each opportunity as a learning experience
Successful Completion of the Mechatronic Engineering Apprentice scheme within HERMA UK Ltd can result in a permanent position within the manufacturing facility. The company has a firm belief of reward through skills, and as an apprentice gains experience and worth to the business will find that their salary will grow along with their experience.
- Regular pay reviews
- Company work wear
- Supplied tools
- In house engineer as a mentor
- Travel to college will be subsidised by the company
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Must have an aptitude for mechanical and electrical concepts and an interest in "how things work"
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to continue with further education to achieve a ONC or equivalent in Mechatronic engineering
- Attention to detail
- Be able to work on own initiative
- A logical, calm approach to solving problems
Be able to display a broad academic ability with good all round GCSE performance grades 9-5/A*-C or equivalent in maths and English is essential.
Full Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship