Mechanical Manufacture Engineering Apprenticeship
GKN Driveline Ltd
UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
Exciting role requires the ability to read understand and translate drawings into machined components.
Knowledge of tooling and its application, basic turning, thread cutting both external and internal. Ability to use precision measuring equipment.
Training and mentoring will be given.
Duties are likely to include:
- Use of lathe machine
- Thread cutting
- Reading technical drawings
- Use of precision cutting tools
- Any other duties that befit your role within the organisation
There is potential for permanent employment on completion of your apprenticeship.
You will receive holiday pay and sick pay scheme after probation.
Please consider how you will get to work each.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Mechanical minded
- Willing to learn
- Good work ethic
- Good attention to detail
You should have a good standard of maths & English.
- Level 2/3 NVQ Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering (depending on prior attainment)
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free