Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
The University of Sheffield
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Work as part of the Engineering Maintenance Team
- Dismantling components and equipment
- Diagnose faults on equipment
- Checking components for serviceability during overall activities
- Repairing and modifying mechanical assemblies
- Assembling mechanical components
- Checking that completed assemblies comply with specifications
You will be required to undertake additional company training in other disciplines to further develop and complement a full skill set needed for the role.
You will join a structured Advanced Apprenticeship programme where you will train to become a fully qualified Mechanical Engineer.
Potential to progress on to a Degree level apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Must be technically minded
- A natural attention to detail and accuracy are paramount to this role
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good literacy and numeracy skills essential
- An inquisitive and questioning mind and a desire to learn from others are essential
- You need to be confident and develop the ability to work independently in an organised way without the need for close supervision.
- Excellent communication skills
- You must be self driven, and have an enthusiastic approach to your work with a desire to succeed in an engineering field and progress your personal development
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, with a flexible approach to work in a business to business environment
The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade C/4 or above, must include maths and English.
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering - Mechatronics Maintenance Technician and Functional Skills if required.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.