We need people who understand the importance of our customers and are ready to commit to working in the business, whilst also committing to a 4 year degree programme. At the end of the programme, you will work as a highly qualified member of our Engineering community in a discipline such as electronics, mechanical, test, support and systems engineering.
During the first two years of your employment, you will be required to share your time between the workplace and university. You will:
- Learn how to design, manufacture and support advanced mechanical/electrical equipment
- Develop Engineering knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Practice the full engineering lifecycle
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
- A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover
- Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue please select App degree STEM.
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Develop customer focus
- Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance
- Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Want continuous improvement
- 3 x A levels (Grade A-C) (or equivalent)
- Mandatory: Mathematics and either Physics or a Technology/Engineering subject
- AND Preferred: another STEM subject
- 5 GCSE grades 9 - 4 or grades A*- C or equivalent
- Mandatory: English Language, maths and a Science subject Plus 2 subjects
N.B. If the applicant has no ‘A levels’ but has achieved a BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering we will accept the application, with the caveat around attending the maths bridging course which is “Based on your existing mathematics qualifications it may be required that you attend one of our universities maths Bridging Courses, which aims to ease the transition between college and university mathematics. The maths taught in this course does not carry any credit towards your degree. Each application will be considered individually in consultation with our partnering university.”
Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 young people nationwide.
We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards.
Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests with the next generation of engineers.
- Manufacturing engineer Apprenticeship Standard
You will study with one of our partner Universities towards achievement of BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.