What will the apprentice be doing?
The assembly department's responsibility is to assemble all parts of the completed truck mounted sweeper.
As part of the apprenticeship, you will be:-
- Taught how to assemble the product
- Learn to read engineering drawings
- Understand engineering regulations
- Required to meet or exceed all College targets set for you
- Maintain the high quality of a worldwide renowned product
- Achieve targets set by Supervisors and Managers
- Attend all training courses required by the company
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Practical Skills Level 2
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge) – Awarding organization Pearsons; GLH 720
- Engineering Fitting Standard Level 3
- In house training including manual handling
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Many of our apprentices have gone on to develop their careers with us through further education, some specialising and others moving into supervisory activities.
Apprentices are a key part of our business and we look to maintain the skills learnt during the apprenticeship and to develop these further in future career paths within the organisation.
Reality CheckYou will be required to attend College 1 day per week. You will enhance your development and practice your skills learnt in a supportive environment in the company with experienced mentors to encourage you.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working, Physical fitness, Reliability, Enthusiasm
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Desired