As an apprentice you will rotate through several departments gaining valuable expertise in: manufacturing techniques, assembly methods, quality control, servicing and calibration before joining a well-established engineering team.
From Year 2 onwards, the successful candidates will become fulltime members of the engineering department with some of the duties being:
- Processing incoming requests from the sales team to satisfy customer requirements
- To provide technical assistance to the Production Department
- Design, Development, and creation of manufacturing drawings for components
- Work with external suppliers supporting manufacturing activities of designed components
- Go out on customer visits, serving as a technical support for the accompanying Sales Engineer
Higher Qualification opportunities to BEng(Hons) will be available to the right candidates.
We are based just outside Towcester with minimal access to public transport, the candidate needs to be able to drive.
- Strong IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Pride in work; integrity and good time management skills
- Be an active learner and naturally inquisitive
- Attention to detail and be able to work to a high level of accuracy
- Have a passion for engineering
- A commitment and desire to follow a career in Engineering, in particular to develop practical skills to a high standard
Grade Requirements 5 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade A*-C / 9-5 including maths, Science and English.
Must have access to transport.
Engineering Fitter Level 3
- Delivery of In-House Competency Training Plan (Skills)
- Delivery of Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) at College (Knowledge)
- Level 2 Functional Skills (if not exempt)