- You will learn mechanical maintenance including: Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Bearing installation and maintenance, Gearboxes, Pumps, Welding and Fabrication, Manual and CNC Machining and many more. These will be conducted through a mix of in-house training and external training providers
- You will learn and understand Company processes and work on a range of projects and make short presentations on your progress
- Complete all necessary college work on time and to the correct standard
- Ensure that the working area is safe for both self and colleagues at all times in order to comply with H&S standards. Use PPE as supplied, report any dangerous occurrences, accidents or potential hazards immediately
At the end of the apprenticeship Egger would hope to provide but cannot guarantee an ongoing position.
Egger actively recruit from the local area.
- Basic standard of IT skills and competent use of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong interest in Mechanical principles and practice
Good standard of secondary education, including a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above, including maths, English and Science. A GCSE in Technology or Engineering would also be advantageous.
- Maintenance and operations engineering technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
You will spend your first year completing off site training to achieve a Foundation Competence Qualification. Followed by 3 years on site where you will complete the Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician (MOET) Standard supported by day release spent at Seta in Washington.