ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
The successful candidate will undertake a mechanically biased 4-year apprenticeship resulting in a minimum Engineering Technician Level 3 in Mechatronics Maintenance Technician (mechanical bias).
The successful candidate after the 4-year apprenticeship will become a fully qualified mechanical Maintenance Technician who will be able to provide cost effective breakdown repair and preventative maintenance service to the business.
The role of a qualified Mechanical Maintenance Technician consists of carrying out mechanical installation, inspection, testing and certification work in accordance with current regulations and company requirements, use mechanical design and certification software along with other standard computer programs and ensure accurate mechanical & electrical certification and report paperwork records are kept and maintained in accordance with NICEIC requirements.
Potential to go onto a Degree level apprenticeship.
- Attitude for practical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- An excellent team player
- Basic understand/usability of CAD/CAM packages
- Basic knowledge of Mechanical principles
- Highly motivated
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Willing to learn new skills and be able to adapt to change
- An excellent timekeeper
- 5 GCSEs including maths and English at grades B/6 or above (or equivalent)
- Engineering bias subjects, such as GCSE or BTEC (or equivalent) etc.
Engineering Technician Level 3 in Mechatronics Maintenance Technician (mechanical bias).
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.