Mechanical and Electrical Advanced Apprenticeship
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Every day our M&E (Mechanical and Electrical) teams installing electrical equipment and cabling. We are a developing team, building our own design and installation capability for water and wastewater schemes within Wessex Water. You could be working anywhere across our region.
The Mechanical and Electrical department delivers Mechanical and Electrical installation, testing and commissioning for new and modified wastewater and clean water construction schemes within Wessex Water. We are a developing team, building our own design and installation capability for Water and Wastewater Schemes within Wessex Water.
What you will be doing
- Shadowing experienced electricians installing plant and equipment
- Preparation and installation of wiring systems
- Installation of all types of cable containment
- Laying, glanding and terminating of all types of cabling
- Assisting with Installation and Mechanical plant and equipment
For the best candidates there is further training available leading to wider opportunities across Wessex Water.
Starting salary from £10701.00 to £24,000 upon successful completion of apprenticeship.
- Excellent all-round communication skills
- Must be able to travel around the region
- Apply logical thought and problem solve
- Happy working outside in all weathers
- Knowledge or experience of mechanical or electrical industry preferred
- Adaptable and flexible with a proactive and positive approach to workload
- Have good attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about the industry
- Strong maths, Science, technical drawing, resistant materials qualifications an advantage
- A Level or BTEC level 3 or equivalent desirable
- 5 x GCSEs including maths and Science at grade C (4) or above or equivalent
- Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification, (Installation) or (Maintenance)
- 1 - 2 days per week, day release at Weston College (depending on previous experience)
- Functional Skills in maths and English if not previously attained
- In house training
- Visits from Work Based Learning Assessor
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.