Working for a local mechanic with branches across Norfolk, we have a great opportunity for someone who wants to become a qualified vehicle mechanic.
The right candidate will have a natural interest and enthusiasm for cars. They will need to be able to work under pressure and to tight timescales. They will also need to be able to work as part of a team and be prepared to work hard, having confidence, but at the same time know when to ask questions if unsure. Someone prepared to work in all weather.
You will be carrying out all aspects of repairing, maintaining and servicing light vehicles including:
- Tyres and Brakes
- Fault Diagnosis on cars and light commercial vehicles using computer equipment and through a process of elimination
- Removal and replacement of a range of vehicle parts
- Assisting the other members of the team with more complex tasks
- Supporting the delivery of MOT Tests
If the candidate is successful in their apprenticeship there maybe onward progression into a full time role at the same garage.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Hard working, punctual and able to work well under pressure
- They must be confident but able to ask if unsure rather than make mistakes
- Must be willing to work in all weather
- A good team player
- Have attention to detail
- Be respectful to their customers
- Level 2 Motor Vehicle Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent (desired)
- GCSE or equivalent maths and English or functional skills in maths and English (desired)
- A driving licence would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
- Functional Skills if required