Mazda Service Technician Apprentice - Norton Way MAZDA
Norton Way Motors Ltd
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Our Service Department is a central part of our business. From routine maintenance and servicing to electrical diagnosis and repairs, our Service Technicians are the problems solvers of our business.
Every day is different within the Service Department, working across our product range to deliver excellent service for our customers. Some of the main duties on a day to day basis will include:
- Use of diagnostic equipment to identify vehicle faults
- Testing of parts and systems to ensure correct working
- Following checklists to ensure all critical parts of vehicles are examined
- Carrying out bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Maintenance of electronic systems including on- board entertainment systems
- Undertaking repair and maintenance of vehicle parts including clutches, gearboxes, tyres, brakes and suspension
- Completion of legible and accurate paperwork for the customers and centres records
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy work environment
Training does not stop once your apprenticeship is complete. A career with Mazda is a continuation of your learning journey. We invest heavily in training, ensuring our people are some of the best trained in the industry.
We want you to drive your career forward with us and we will collaborate with you so that you reach your full potential.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this opportunity and carry out the full recruitment service for Mazda Apprenticeships. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.
We will provide the technical training you need to succeed in your apprenticeship. In return you need to be committed to completing this three year programme.
Our ideal Service Technician Apprentice will be a logical problem solver with an interest in engineering and technology.
We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Customer Service
- Interest in vehicle engineering
Our minimum entry requirements are:
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, maths and Science.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
We believe that you should be fully immersed in your learning to get the most out of your experience. With that in mind, your training is delivered over a number of one week blocks at our training facilities in Milton Keynes. Here you will have access to the latest vehicles, equipment and training experts so you can learn, apply and practise your skills before heading back to the workplace.
Back at your workshop, your training will continue on a daily basis supported by your own personal mentor who is a trained, experienced member of our team. You will also have access to your own dedicated Vocational Learning Advisor who will help you meet the milestones needed to achieve your qualification.
On successful completion of the three year programme you will receive:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)
- Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (EC842-2006)
- Brand specific certifications
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.