Your objective is to test the behaviours of bulk construction materials in an effort to improve the performance of products, eliminate faults in materials already in use, and help develop new technologies.
This is a unique chance to develop a career in the construction materials sector, giving you an opportunity to develop an array of skills and specialisations that are highly sought after by employers across the country.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Materials Technician will include:
- To work on site or within the site-based laboratory
- Sampling of materials, preparation and testing of – Soils, Aggregates and Concrete
- Insitu site testing
- Complete paperwork accurately with all the relevant information
- Equipment calibrations
- Keep equipment clean and serviceable
- Drive company vehicles courteously and safely on site
- Work safely in line with site approved RAM’s
Future prospects include (but are not limited to):
- The prospect of a full-time position after successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Upon completion of the programme, apprentices will be granted Technician in Materials, Minerals and Mining status (TIMMM) and be able to apply to become part of the Register of Science Technicians (RSciTech) through the Institute of Materials, Minerals, and Mining (IOM3)
- The possibility of a L4+ qualification
- Site specific PPE is worn as required
- Candidate will need to have own laptop in order to complete course/learning work
- After three months, there may be potential work on a different site with overnight stay
- A good communicator.
- Awareness of own and others safety.
- Ability to use your initiative
- An accurate and meticulous person
- Punctual Reliable and punctual with a flexible approach to the working hours
- Strong communicator
- Integrity and honesty
- Willing to develop and expand testing capabilities
- Full UK Driving Licence (for travel to different sites)
- Maths and English at Level 2
- Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English (if required)